Noodles are a staple food in many cultures around the world, and for good reason. They're delicious, versatile, and easy to make. If you're looking for a quick and easy noodle dish that's also packed with flavor, try these Simple Spicy Noodles.
These noodles are tossed in a simple sauce made with Knorr noodles, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, and a pinch of salt. The result is a dish that's both umami and slightly spicy. You can easily customize the dish to your liking by adding different vegetables, protein, or spices.
Here's how to make Simple Spicy Noodles:
- 2 packets Knorr noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and Knorr noodles to the skillet. Mix well to combine.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, chili sauce (if using), and salt to the skillet. Toss to coat.
- Add enough water to the skillet to cover the noodles by about 1/2 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until the noodles are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro or parsley. Serve immediately.
- For a spicier dish, add more chili sauce or red pepper flakes.
- Feel free to add other vegetables to the dish, such as carrots, broccoli, or bell peppers.
- You can also add cooked protein to the dish, such as chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
- To make a vegetarian or vegan version of the dish, use a vegetable broth instead of water and omit the shrimp or chicken.